Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Marchin' forward

I am in a funk.

The last couple of weeks has been difficult. I have repetitive obsessive thoughts about the future. The thing is, I know better. I have been in therapy before, I worked in the field of helping, and I have read countless books on personal and spiritual growth. And I feel like a total loser.

I mean really, who doesn't know better. Anyone will tell you to focus on your gratitude, your abilities, your blessings, and I am struggling.

So, I made a to do list. Sometimes, just plowin through', getting things done, and having an outward focus brings me back level.

Here is the list:
Write a blog entry - done
Call the new tumbling place for Mary
Email class about carnival baskets
Call Joanne's about a sewing class
Look at the parks and rec book for a spring Art class
Get supplies for bake sale
Go to coffee with friends

I gotta fight. I can't just lay down in this. So I am off to put on my shoes and earrings and hit the day.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad February is done! I feel so much better with earrings on and to do lists :). Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funks are allowed! On my flat days I congratulate and forgive myself for just achieving one thing, be it making dinner or doing washing etc. I've learnt to accept those limitations particularly on a bad day and just be proud of the fact that I haven't lay down to let it defeat me. I think your to-do list is great. http://www.lucentimagery.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earrings and the to-do list helped!
    I am working on forgiving myself, that's tough. Thanks for the love and encouraging words ladies!

    ReplyDelete