Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Cleaning

We are on spring break here. So I am feeling motivated to get this place ship shape. Adam and I remulched the front yard yesterday, and started re-mortering a wall in our yard that is falling a part.

This morning, I started looking to make a plan for the house. I realized the only true way to clean and de-clutter is to lose these three children. Life with a family is messy. There are bits of things everywhere. There is artwork hanging on expensive furniture. I have a paper mache volcano on a cake plate sitting next to a water frog that is way past his expiration date. Controlled chaos.

I wouldn't trade it. I can have a perfect house when the kids are gone. But for now I am going to use this house up, enjoy our lives, and go bike riding instead of spring cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. So true. Our house is quiet and stays clean but dang miss those days of them messing it up!

    ReplyDelete