Saturday, January 15, 2011

My brood

I am a domestic goddess. The stay at home mother of three children, ages 13, 10, and 7. I would think of clever blogging names for them, but I would never keep that straight.



Mary is 13. She is stunning, fairly smart, and total trouble. She is a 7 year old in the body of a 21 year old. She is sweet as honey, academically very smart, but would probably take a ride from a stranger, and definitely candy. She loves and hates her mother.

Mary was born when Adam and I were in college. I had just turned 22, and had this amazing, purple,bald, pimply beautiful child. We were great parents, especially considering, we were total idiots.



Theo was born 2 and half years later. A little boy, a sweet squishy little boy. He did not speak until he was almost three and then with issues. We never would have named him Theo, if we would have known he couldn't say it until he was like 8. No worries apparently "Phil" was very well liked on the playground. He is 10 now, and very bright, super mellow, and he adores sports.



Nate is our baby. The smartest of all of them, which is a good thing, because I think he is going to be super short, and he will have a witty sense of humor about it. He just turned 7 the other day. I told him to live it up on his last day of being 6, because 7 year olds have to pick up dog poop. You know that little rascal took that as an invitation to streak the neighborhood, too bad I caught him in time.



So, I have no idea if the kids will inherit my RP, Retinitis Pigmentosa. It is hereditary, but I have zero known family history. I have begun the process to have them seen by an opthomologist and will keep the blog updated. It stresses me out to think that they may have this, but they will still be the unique individuals that they are, and I know they are going to be great. I mean really really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment